The Simply Cremation Plan
Simply Cremation Plan Includes:
- Transfer of the deceased to our Funeral Home, within 25 miles of our location(s), $455.00
- Reduced Basic service fee for filing of the Death Certificate and issuance of all necessary permits, $740.00
- Cost of the county cremation permit (up to $35), $35
- Crematory fee / Cremation Process, $1265.00
- Cremains (ashes) are contained in a poly bag and placed within a black plastic box, housed in a white cardboard box.
Total cost: $2495.00*
*Potential Additional Costs:
- An additional medical examination (i.e., Alzheimer’s study) may require two removals; one from place of death-to- study facility; the other from study facility-to-crematory. This will require an additional removal charge, currently $455.00 as per our General Price List.
- The removal of a body outside of a medical environment (i.e., residence or public place of death, etc.) may require the assistance of an additional staff member – $175.00.
- The removal of a body beyond 25 miles of the funeral home is subject to a $2.50 per additional loaded mile and a transportation surcharge of $100.00
- Olmsted County Coroner’s Cremation Authorization Fee. As of January 1, 2014 this $35.00 charge is required and has already been added to the cost of The Simply Cremation Plan. If a county charges for than $35.00 for the permit, the difference will be added to the final cost of the plan.
Please see our General Price List. When reviewing this document, note that The Simply Cremation price does not contain our full price of our Basic Services Fee. By eliminating additional services and opting not to charge the full Basic Services Fee we are able to offer this lower-priced cremation option.
PRICES ARE NOT GUARANTEED AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
What Is NOT Included:
- Scheduling of any services, or assistance with their planning (including cemetery services). If you desire a funeral service, we ask that you arrange it without our assistance.
- Obituary writing or placement assistance. You will need to write and submit obituaries directly to the newspapers of your choice without our assistance.
- Website listing. If you are taking advantage of The Simply Cremation® Plan we regret that we cannot list obituaries on our website.
- Any excess funeral trust proceeds will be dispersed to you by a single check. You may then personally direct payments to 3rd party entities, i.e., clergy, musicians, cemeteries.
- Folder or Prayer Card Printing. To keep the Simply Cremation cost affordable, we regret that we are unable to provide printing services.
- Death Certificates. Minnesota families that choose The Simply Cremation Plan® must obtain death certificate copies (on their own) from any Minnesota court house. The cost of certified copies ( in MN) are $13.00 for the first copy – and $6.00 for each additional copy ordered at the same time. If you reside outside of Minnesota, we will assist you in obtaining death certificate copies.
To Take Advantage of The Simply Cremation Plan You Will Need To:
- Make full payment at the time of arrangement. We also accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover. A 3% surcharge will be apply should you opt to use a credit card. This is the amount that our bank charges (us) for credit card transactions.
- Apply for any insurance claims on your own. We cannot accept insurance assignments for the Simply Cremation® Plan. You will need to obtain funds from another source to pay us and later seek reimbursement.